Thursday, September 25, 2014

Someone To Do It Cream Cleaner


Someone To Do It Cream Cleaner logo

As a retailer of boat maintenance supplies, we receive a lot of requests to sample and carry new products.  Often times these samples sit on a shelf for a while before we get around to them.  Such is the case for Someone To Do It Cream Cleaner.

We were provided with a full size bottle (32 ounces) for testing and review....and sat on it.  I know now that this was a mistake.  One day while cleaning the shower at home, I got tired of the Tilex / cleanser routine to clean each week, Tilex one week then cleanser the next...repeat.  The fumes from the Tilex are killer on the lungs, especially in a closed bathroom setting, and you can only concentrate on the mildew or the soap scum because each takes its own cleaner and DO NOT mix these cleaners or it can kill you.  When looking at the shelf for an alternative, I saw the neglected bottle of Something To Do It (recently renamed to Someone To Do It Cream Cleaner), such a silly name, but what the heck, I gave it a try.  I cannot tell you how impressed I was with the results!  This was a gem. lost in the clutter of the cleaning cabinet.  This stuff cut straight through the soap residue and my grout has never been whiter.  Impressive but still not enough to invest in a no-name cleaner without a market, until....

A friend asked for my advice as my reputation for trying new and alternate ways of cleaning is well known in our circle.  She has glass shower doors and no matter what she uses, cleaning them is a major pain and they don't really come clean.  I reluctantly pulled out my little secret bottle and told her to give it a whirl but not to use it all up and I wanted it back.  At this point, I had no recollection of where the bottle came from or how to get more, I had to make my bottle last as long as possible.

Wouldn't you know it, the stuff worked for her too.  In fact, she had never found anything that worked so well and so easily.  This friend is a bit on the "Strong Personality" side and convinced me to search for the source of Something To Do It and get her some.  This is exactly what I did, our first case is due to arrive today.  Of course, Gayle gets the first two bottles as soon as I open it, this was a bit stronger that just a request.  I didn't even know what the stuff cost but she did not care.  Now that I do know the cost, I am amazed that it isn't more, but I am not going to tell the manufacturer that, Only $12/quart.  Knowing what other marine cleaners cost, this will soon become one of my affordable go-to's, I can't wait to try it around the kitchen.

Something To Do It, 32 ounces

Uses for Someone To Do It Cream Cleaner include:
  • Gel Coat, Fiberglass and Hull Cleaning
  • Black Streak remover
  • Stainless Steel, Chrome, Aluminum and Brass cleaner
  • Porcelain, Tile and Formica cleaning
  • Appliance and Utensils cleaner 
  • Plastic and Vinyl cleaner
  • SHOWER DOORS
Advantages:
  • Fast and Efficient cleaner
  • Cost effective
  • Non-abrasive
  • Biodegradable and Environmentally Friendly
  • Contains NO bleach or harsh abrasives
  • Will not harm drains or pipes
Something To Do It, a funny little name, actually describes this stuff pretty well.


No comments: